Counter

Free Hit Counter

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Parks and Greenspace


I community garden at one level


I'm in the Park above the street below.



Numerous times I have looked on the map, seen there is a park, and walked to it, only to find something different than I expected. First, on the map they look like open space. In reality it may be the side of a mountain. Secondly, because you see soccer fields, etc. I assume it will be flat expanse to walk across. Wrong again. You probably have to walk up flights of stairs to reach the field and you could have different things at different elevations. They must have taken off the top of a mountain to create it! But at least it is a park. I have now found several close by. My favorite even has a jogging path with just a bit of give in it--not hard pavement.

No comments:

Post a Comment